Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My childhood favorite snack.. rediscovered!

To everyone who grew up eating this snack, this post is dedicated to you...

I, like most of you, love snacking. This said, I do not promote unhealthy foods at all. A lot of you grew up eating one or the other snack that has found its place in your heart. One of my favorite was this particular fried tubular chip snack made with rice flour, salt, vegetable oil and baking powder. Growing up in Goa, India, this was widely available on roadside stalls or ma and pa shops. My mother would not let us eat too many at a time (considering the fact that these are fried). The best way to enjoy them is to stick each tube in your finger and munch away (pardon my fingers but I fed these to myself, so it doesn't really matter :) ) Don't ask me how to make these, I will never learn and never master the art. I will not dare to. 




I was ecstatic to discover these at a local Indian grocery store yesterday. I couldn't remember the last time I ate them, so you can only imagine how excited I was to find one of my childhood favorite snacks in America. Do you have a childhood favorite snack you would like to tell me about? Go ahead. 

xoxo



4 comments:

  1. I'm starting to crave for this now... seeing these fries after ages. I need to find these right NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finished the bag in less than a day, hub more than me. lol.

      Delete
  2. Lol Kavi... We used to get this snack in our school canteen for 2 Rs. :P We would cram the place to get a bag.. Memories !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best memories indeed. I bought a bag for $1.99 yesterday and rememberd how we paid a few rupees for a bag years ago.

      Delete