Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bread and Milk ... just like my grandmother made it, with my twist ofcourse!

I don't make this that often, but my occasional craving for some dessert leads me to make something from whatever available in my pantry and refrigerator. Tonight, I am enjoying a comforting bowl of sweet milk and bread. This is something my grandmother made us once in a while. My version has coconut sugar. Between my husband and I taking the photos, spilling the milk and being partially clumsy, it took us 10 minutes to create this bowl of cozy. 

Here is the ingredient list:

1 small leftover bun of white bread, torn into pieces (no offense to whole grain bread but I do prefer the white version for this recipe).
1-2 teaspoons of coconut sugar 
3/4 glass of milk 



I love the nuttiness of the coconut sugar. For adding another photo's sake, here is the bowl of bread.



Method

1) Warm up the milk in a saucepan or microwave (My impatient self chose to use the microwave). 

2) Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the torn pieces of bread. We added only a spoonful of sugar. Thanks to the blurry image, my husband had to pose for another one. 


3) Spill the warm milk over the counter for some good luck (oops!).

 

4) Now, pour the warm milk over the bread and sugar mixture.


5)Press the bread into the milk, very gently and wait a few seconds before you indugle. Let the bread soak up all that sweetness.


Good Night :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment